Most viewed - Roman Catholic
|

2003686 views
|
|

1874 Map686 views526, 528, 532 High Street
|
|

686 views
|
|

Painting684 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

A First Communion Class683 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

1873 Map682 views36 - 44 Belmont Ave.
|
|

681 views
|
|

1897680 viewsFrom "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
|
|

Crowning the Blessed Mother679 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

1897 - Ferry Street675 viewsFrom "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
|
|

McGrath/Drury Wedding674 views1918
Photo from Cathy Knapp
|
|

2003672 views
|
|

672 viewsPhoto from Gonzalo Alberto
|
|

1874 Map671 views280 Warren Street
|
|

Newark Church Fifty Years Old670 views
|
|

2003669 views
|
|

2003668 views
|
|

1892 map665 views114, 144 Belmont Avenue
|
|

1897664 viewsFrom "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
|
|

1925663 viewsPhoto from "New Jersey; Life, Industries and Resources of a Great State:1926"
|
|

663 viewsPhoto from NNJM
|
|

Fire in a Church662 views
|
|

Dispute over Cathedral661 viewsNovember 14, 1909
|
|

2003660 views
|
|

New Catholic Church for South Newark656 viewsOctober 31, 1909
|
|

2003654 views
|
|

654 viewsPhoto from Gonzalo Alberto
|
|

1897653 viewsFrom "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
|
|

2003651 views
|
|

1926 Map651 views337 - 341 S. Orange Ave. c. Tenth Street
|
|

1874 Map649 views55 Barbara Street c. Niagara
|
|

2003647 views
|
|

647 viewsPhoto from Gonzalo Alberto
|
|

1908 Map647 views25, 29 Thomas Street c. Pennsylvania Ave.
|
|

2003646 views
|
|

1897646 viewsFrom "Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897":
|
|

646 viewsPhoto from Newark NJ Memories
|
|

645 viewsOn the night of 25 September 1925, Submarine S-51 was operating on the surface near Block Island, with her running lights on. The merchant steamer City of Rome spotted a single white masthead light but were unable to determine its course, speed, or intentions. The ship altered her course away from the unknown light to give whatever it might be greater leeway. Meanwhile, S-51 spotted the ship's masthead and green sidelights, and held her course as she was required to do by the Rules of the Road then in effect. Shortly after altering course, City of Rome spotted the submarine's red sidelight and realized that they were on collision courses. She turned and backed her engines, but it was too late. Twenty-two minutes after first spotting the submarine's masthead light, the steamer rammed her. Only three of the 36 men in the submarine were able to abandon ship before she sank.
This is a photo of the funeral for William C. Teschmacher at Blessed Sacrament RC Church on October 8th.
The family lived at 10 Cypress Street.
|
|

1908 Map643 views7 - 9 Bedford Street
|
|

2003 Plaque642 views
|
|

641 views
|
|

A view from the rear of the church641 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

641 viewsPhoto from “The Maroon Telolog - St. Benedict's Prep”
|
|

Holy Name Society640 viewsMay 2008
Photo from Fred Russell
|
|

640 views
|
|

640 viewsPhoto from Google Maps via Paul V. Muffuletto
|
|

First St. Lucy's Church640 viewsFrom "The Catholic Church in New Jersey"
|
|

Present Church636 viewsPhoto from "History of the Church of St. Rose of Lima"
|
|

Old Main Altar635 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

St. Michael's Stained Glass634 viewsFront left near the altar
Photo from Patty Bittner
|
|

Interior of First Church633 viewsPhoto from "History of the Church of St. Rose of Lima"
|
|

2003 Rectory Entrance632 views
|
|

Reverend Dalton, Reverend Corrigan & Bishop O'Connor632 viewsApril 25, 1909
|
|

Larger Format631 viewsPostcard
|
|

1874 Map627 views73 - 97 Washington Street
|
|

Painting627 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

627 viewsPhoto from NNJM
|
|

St. John's Rectory625 viewsFrom "The History of St. John's Church"
|
|

625 views
|
|

624 viewsPhoto from Bob Molee
|
|

Monsignor Perotti & Father Ruggiero623 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

623 views
|
|

Proposed New Church622 viewsPhoto from "History of the Church of St. Rose of Lima"
|
|

622 viewsPhoto from Google Maps via Paul V. Muffuletto
|
|

621 views
|
|

621 viewsPostcard
|
|

Father Toomey's Illness621 views
|
|

620 viewsPhoto from Bill Montferret
|
|

With Steeple619 viewsPostcard
|
|

As seen from the Kindergarden Play Yard at the Lafayette Street School618 views
|
|

1892 Map617 views10 - 26 Mulberry Street
|
|

1926617 viewsA still from "Sightseeing in Newark 1926 Part 1 "
|
|

1880616 views~1880
From "Quarter-Century's Progress of New Jersey's Leading Manufacturing Center"
|
|

After the Fire616 views1920
Photo from Gonzalo Alberto
|
|

2003614 views
|
|

2003 Plaque612 views
|
|

A view from the Sanctuary612 viewsPhoto from Fred Russell
|
|

612 viewsFrom "The History of St. John's Church"
|
|

1892 Map612 views36 - 44 Belmont Ave.
|
|

2015612 viewsPhoto from Google Earth
|
|
|