Bethany Presbyterian Church

April 9, 1880 -<1920>

Images

 

 

Newspaper Articles

November 21, 1909 - Leaning Church Spire will be Taken Down

The Bethany Presbyterian Church was organized on April 9, 1880 as a result of a mission started in 1864.

From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912

Church is in the habit of giving material aid to its own poor who are members, and to nonmembers with whom it is brought in contact in the course of church work. Work for colored persons and Italians is carried on in the church work, also gymnasium, reading room, dispensary, milk distributing stations for babies of poor families. Church open every evening.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
John Lester Wells April 18, 1880 April 18, 1891
Everett O. MacFarland October 9, 1891 January 4, 1903
William A. Gay January 4, 1903 May 6, 1905
Albert N. Stubblebine October 20, 1905 <1918>
E. S. Greenbaum <1920> <1920>


Address From To
208 Spruce Street n. Belmont Avenue 1882 <1920>
     
     
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Church Register 1874 1891 0912972
Constitution & By-Laws     0504303

Archive Information (Last Known location)

Church Registers 1874-1891. Records in possession of Presbyterian Historical Society, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania