The Few Smith Memorial Presbyterian Church was organized on November 19, 1891 from a mission of the Second Presbyterian Church. The original Church building was on Jay Street, right behind the site of the second church building at 36 Hudson Street.
From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912
The church gives relief to its own poor who are members, and sometime to nonmembers. Pastor is responsible for visiting of the poor.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|