Wickliffe Presbyterian Church

January 25, 1857 - June 21, 1910

Images

 

The Wickliffe Presbyterian Church was organized on May 14, 1865. It began as a mission of the Third Presbyterian Church. The mission building was dedicated on January 25, 1857. A new church was built and occupied in April, 1889, at Thirteenth Avenue and Boston Street. The church was dissolved due to "neighborhood conditions" on June 21, 1910, with the majority of the members transferring to the West Presbyterian Church. The building was then taken over by the Thirteen Avenue (colored) Presbyterian Church.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
Samuel Hutchings (missionary) 1859 1864
Edward Rankin (missionary) 1865 1866
H. M. Brinsmade April 25, 1867 April 17, 1872
Isaac M. See April 20, 1873 October 2, 1878
J. M. Barkley May 9, 1879 September 11, 1882
Charles P. Crane April 18, 1883 December 14, 1883
John A. Trimmer 1884 1885
J. Garland Hammer, Jr. June 25, 1886 June 15, 1895
J. H. Robinson 1896 1897
Richard E. Locke October 6, 1897 December 24, 1900
George S. Hall October 7, 1901 September 11, 1907
William H. Stubblebine 1909 1909


Address From To
2 Wickliffe Street 1858 1869
137 Wickliffe Street 1870 1894
48 Boston Street 1895  
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Session Minutes 1865 1867 0912978
       

Archive Information (Last Known location)

Session Minutes 1865-1867 - Records in possession of The Presbyterian Historical Society, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.