New Forest Hill Church to be Opened Next Month - August 2, 1913 - Newspaper Article
The Forest Hill Presbyterian Church was organized on September 8, 1867. The original church was named Woodside and was on Carteret Street. The beginnings of the church were at the home of C. C. Hine, on Belleville Avenue in June of 1867. A new church was built adjoing the old church and opened in September 1913.
From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912
Gives relief to its own poor who are members, and to nonmembers with whom it is brought in contact. The Men's Club is conducted under the auspices of the church.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
|Copyright 1998 - 2018 Glenn G. Geisheimer|