Our Lady of Good Counsel Roman Catholic Church

654 Summer Avenue 07104
Phone: (973) 482-1274
Fax: (973) 482-8257

December 25, 1901 - Present

Images

Elementary School

Photo from Joe Cummings

Our Lady of Good Counsel Roman Catholic Church was founded on December 25, 1901 when the Rev William J. Richmond was appointed to begin work in the Summer Avenue neighborhood. Twenty-four lots bounded by Summer Avenue, Heller Parkway and Woodside Avenue were purchased. The parish was incorporated on January 11, 1902. The first services were held in the old Morton House at 37 Carteret Street. The cornerstone of the church was laid on September 6, 1903 with the dedication on December 6, 1903.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
William J. Richmond December 25, 1901 <1925>
Thomas J. Callery <1930> <1940>
     
     


Address From To
646 - 654 Summer Avenue December 6, 1903 <1940>
     
     
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Baptisms 1902 1928 1378249
Marriages 1902 1928 1378249
Confirmations 1912 1956 1378249

Archive Information (Last Known location)

Includes index for baptisms. Baptisms include some marriage information.