St. Anne's (formerly German)
Roman Catholic Church

National Shrine of Jesus del Gran Poder

103 16th Avenue 07103
Phone: (973) 642-4217

1888 - Present

Images

 

Photo from Jule Spohn

St. Anne's (German) Roman Catholic Church was organized in 1888. The first mass was celebrated on September 28, 1888 in a storeroom. October 21, 1888 saw the laying of the cornerstone for the church building. The parish school was founded in 1889.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
Aloysius M. Kammer October 4, 1888 1903
Joseph Gruber 1903 1908
Theodore Peters 1908 <1920>
Michael A. Mechler <1925> <1935>
Albert Hess <1940> <1940>


Address From To
380 South Seventh Street, 103 Sixteenth Avenue 1889 Present
     
     
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Baptisms 1888 1914 1398555
Baptisms 1914 1918 1398556
Marriages 1888 1937 1398556
Communions 1889 1945 1398556
Confirmations 1890 1945 1398556

Archive Information (Last Known location)

NOTE: Baptism and marriage records are in Latin. Includes individual indexes to baptisms and marriages.