St. Augustine's (German) Roman Catholic Church

170 Sussex Avenue 07103
Phone: (973) 482-1817
Fax: (973) 482-5475

October 21, 1874 - Present

Images

 

St. Augustine's (German) Roman Catholic Church was organized on October 21, 1874 through the efforts of the Rev. Carl A. Vogel. The cornerstone of the church was laid on December 8, 1874 with the dedication on May 23, 1875. The parish school was founded in 1874. The parish house was finished in November, 1875. On Christmas Morning, 1892 a fire destroyed the church and school. The cornerstone of the rebuilt church was laid on September 3, 1893.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
Charles A. Vogel 1874 1886
Rupert Müller 1886 1890
G. Niedermeyer 1890 1895
Rudolf J. Huelsebusch November 19, 1895 <1925>
George J. Buttner <1930> <1935>
Clement C. Weitekamp <1940> <1940>


Address From To
170, 172 Sussex Ave. c. Jay Street 1877 Present
     
     
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Baptisms 1874 1920 1398539
Marriages 1874 1928 1398539
Confirmations 1884 1961 1398539

Archive Information (Last Known location)

NOTE: Includes indexes for baptisms and marriages to 1888. The marriage index has some latter entries but is for groom only.