St. Benedict's (German) Roman Catholic Church

65 Barbara Street 07105
Phone: (973) 589-7930, Fax: (973) 589-3665

June 28, 1857 - Present

Images

 

St. Benedict's (German) Roman Catholic Church was organized on June 28, 1857. The first missionary to the church was the Rev. Rupert Seidenbusch. The original church structure was made of wood and built in 1857. In 1859 it was destroyed by a hurricane and rebuilt in the same year. The brick church building was dedicated on July 11, 1882 by Bishop Wigger. The parish school was founded in 1858.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
Benedictines from St. Mary's 1857 1863
Benno Hegele 1864 1866
Bernardine Dolwick 1866 1872
Lambert Kettner 1872 1885
Theodosius Goth 1885 1894
Hugo Poff 1889 1889
Leonard Walter 1894 1905
Bernard Gerstl 1906 <1915>
Henry Becker <1920> <1920>
Albert Lang <1925> <1930>
Julian Schorn <1935> <1935>
Walter Lee <1940> <1940>


Address From To
55 Barbara Street c. Niagara 1868 Present
     
     
     


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
Baptisms (alphabetical)
(Baptisms 1857-1895, 1908-1913 in Latin)
1857
 
1913
 
1398623
 
Marriages (in Latin)
Confirmations 
Communions
1864 
 
 
1894 
 
 
1398623 
 
 
Marriages 1894 1935 1398624
Deaths (in Latin) 1866 1919 1398624
Communions 
Confirmations
1894 
 
1914 
 
1398624 
 

Archive Information (Last Known location)

NOTE: Includes individual indexes to baptisms and marriages. The marriage indexes are for groom only.