St. Bridget's Roman Catholic Church was organized on January 5, 1887. The first mass was held on April 3, 1887 in the small building that is now used for a school. The first pastor, Rev. Michael J. White was transferred to St. Columba's on September 14, 1896. The cornerstone of the church was laid on October 18, 1891 with a dedication on June 12, 1892. The parish school was founded in 1888.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
NOTE: Includes indexes to baptisms and marriages. Marriage
index is for groom only.
|Copyright 1998 - 2018 Glenn G. Geisheimer|