June 12, 1910 - St. Columba's Church Suit Against Public Service
St. Columba's Roman Catholic Church was founded on September 8, 1871. The church was dedicated in the spring of 1872. The parish school was founded in 1879. The church was rebuilt and dedicated on January 17, 1898. The old rectory was made into a convent.
St. Columba's RC Church is an adaptation of the Roman basilica order of church architecture (erected 1897). At the main entrance is a semi-circular portico, supported by six Corinthian columns: and in the interior a similar arrangement divides the main body of the church from the high altar. The ceiling has 6 decorations, 1. St. Columba, 2. The Resurrection, 3. The Ascension, 4. The Descent of the Holy Ghost, 5. The Assumption & 6. The Coronation.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
NOTE: Includes individual index for baptisms for 1898-1910.
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|