The Memorial Presbyterian Church was organized on April 20, 1881 from a mission that was opened by Robert J. Baldwin and his brother, Rev. Lucius H. Baldwin (1877). Services were originally held in the abandoned St. Paul's Lutheran Church on South Tenth Street. The first church was dedicated on February 9, 1879 with subsequent alterations and enlargements.
From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912
The church gives relief to its own poor who are members, and to nonmembers when it can do so. Men's Brotherhood or Young Men's Glee Club and several Boy's Clubs are conducted under the auspices of the church.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY CATALOG: Fiftieth anniversary, golden jubilee, Memorial Presbyterian Church : South Orange Avenue, at South Seventh Street, New Jersey