Fairmount/Fifth Baptist Church

June 29, 1860 - <1940>

Images

 

The Fairmount Baptist Church was organized on June 29, 1860 as the Fifth Baptist Church. Services were held in an abandoned chapel at Bank and Wicliffe Streets. A new church on Bank Street was completed on September 16, 1868. In 1869 the church became known as the Fairmount Baptist Church.


Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
C. W. Clarke January 19, 1860 1867
W. D. Siefried 1868 1870
J. D. Barnes 1870 1872
Henry Angell 1872 1875
J. C. Allen 1875 1879
George F. Warren 1881 1886
H. F. Barnes 1887 1892
E. J. Oldknow Millington 1895 1897
C. S. Tinker 1897 1904
George E. Lombard 1906 <1910>
John R. Humphreys <1920> <1925>
A. MacAllister <1925> <1930>
Nelson E. Aregood <1930> <1940>


Address From To
193 Bank Street 1861 1868
214,247 Bank Street September 16, 1868 November, 1905
141 Fairmount Avenue 1907 <1940>


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
       

Archive Information (Last Known location)

Church Registers from about 1859 of Baptisms, Members and Deaths are in possession of the Church Clerk.