The Fourth Baptist Church was organized on March 26, 1855 in the South Baptist Church. The first services were held in a hall on Union Street On September 15, 1856 the cornerstone for the church building was laid with the dedication held on April 21, 1858. In 1869 the name was changed to the Fifth Baptist Church.
From: Social Services Directory of Newark 1912
Gives relief to its own destitute members; the giving of relief to nonmembers is attended to by one of the church organizations. Helps to support missions through the Home Mission Society. Has Men's League and Young Ladies' "Evergreen" Society.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|