The Mount Zion Baptist Church was organized on April 7, 1878, with reception into the Baptist Association on November 5, 1879. The first pastor was Rev. William Hill who was known as Brother Hill. In 1896 he removed from the church with a group of followers and founded the Galilee Church, which is now called the Hill Memorial Church.
Archive Information (Last Known location)
Records of Baptisms, Members, and Deaths from 1878 in the custody of the Church Clerk.
|Copyright 1998 - 2018 Glenn G. Geisheimer|