Third/North Baptist Church

July 26, 1854 - <1915>

Images

 

The Third Baptist Church, also known as the North Baptist Church was organized on July 26, 1854 in the chapel of the South Church. There were 49 original members. The first church building was at 123 Orange Street. A brick building was complete in the fall of 1864 and enlarged in 1874.

Reverends Addresses LDS FHC
Microfilm #'s
Archive
Information

 

Reverend From To
Thomas G. Wright (missionary) 1853 August 1854
Levi Morse 1854 1856
R. Atkinson September 1, 1858 January, 1868
George E. Horr November 1868 1871
Joshua Day October, 1872 1876 (resigned)
Lansing Burroughs June, 1876 1879
J. S. Lannoch 1879 1880
H. H. Barbour December, 1880 December, 1886
Samuel J. Knapp December, 1886 February, 1890
D. T. MacClaymont June, 1890 1896
Alexander MacGeorge April, 1897 October, 1900
Samuel C. Dean April, 1901 January, 1904
H. H. Barbour June, 1904 November, 1905 (Death)
W. F. Rowley April, 1906 December, 1909
J. W. McDouall January, 1910 <1915>


Address From To
123, 133, 145 Orange Street c. High Street 1854 after 1912


LDS FHC Microfilm #'s

Information Starting Year Ending Year LDS Microfilm #
       

Archive Information (Last Known location)